CMS: Wordpress, Joomla & Droopal



Content Management Service (CMS) helps to make Website Design and Management simple but with outstanding results. Traditionally, and still in practice, designing a website requires knowledge in HTML, XML or PHP language. With CMS, it is just a matter of learning the tools and layout of the system and a website can be built in minutes.

Web design was never my first field of choice but new computer stuff always attract me to learn them everyday. I guess having work at different fields previously can distract your real interest of work and God has its ways of showing how the experience gained from various work culture that can become an personal or business advantage.

In my short search over the internet, you might consider reading the comprehensive comparison done by webnethosting.net. Personally, I am using a standalone Wordpress for my website (e.g. http://www.bppmis.com). Previously, I started CMS with Joomla in my personal opinion back then requires studying and reading whereas you can start right away using Wordpress where the guides were straight forward to follow. Nevertheless, Joomla might have done a lot of improvement and my quick grasp on Wordpress maybe due to my tons of reading on the concept of CMS through Joomla. I would like to pinpoint that Wordpress has a more wide range of FREE and Self-Updating Widgets that adds functions to your website such as a clock, a banner and etc, than Joomla, in my opinion. However, I see Joomla as a flexible CMS where the widgets are likely to crash main website as I have experienced with Wordpress. I am sorry for my comments to the developers but this is my honest opinion at the moment. As for Drupal, no experience means no comment here at the moment.

Whatever it is, feel free to roam and choose which CMS suits your needs and expectations to the best.

Comments

Popular Posts