Win Me


Weird title but as we go you'll know. Since my high-end desktop (maybe still high end if it was 2 years ago.. huhu. Atleast FIFA 2008 runs very well with its graphic card) cannot be used due to replacement requirement yet to be fulfilled (replacement of current RAM which was I assume broken as there is a burn mark on the piece). The unfortunate PC was abnormally restarts by itself after boot or after entering windows. In short, the PC can't be used. But the sad part is my 250Gb SATA HD cant be used as i don't have any other desktop with SATA.

Well, after basketball at indoor stadium MBKS, i fixed up my other old desktop which is running WINME and set the wireless internet with the wireless USB that's actually office property :P. Well, its' for my perusal in office anyway.

Anyway, there was a lot to update but to my suprise microsoft still provide some of those WINME updates. Here's a list of updates for my original Window Millenium SE as today:
  1. Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.
  2. Windows Automatic Updating (Windows Me)
  3. Internet Explorer Navigation Sound
  4. Windows ME Universal Plug and Play
  5. Euro Conversion Tool
  6. Windows Movie Maker Update
  7. Windows IDE Hard Drive Cache Package
  8. Windows Media Player 9 Series
  9. Windows Media 9 Series Codec Install Package
Besides that, i uninstalled the old Norton Antivirus 2001 which couldn't be updated anymore and installed the free opensource ClaimWin which i have yet know its problems and downs. Anyway, one thing i found that after install it took a hell long time to update.

Moreover, I'm still researching whether i could configure the Web TV for Windows to access the internet TV station although there's always option to go directly to their respective websites.

I wonder if my knowledge through years of self-solving problem PCs: hardware & software is still relevant as I.C.T. changing very fast this days. The only option is to keep studying and hopefully to be ahead from everybody as this industry would be my main rice bowl in the future. For now, i need to capture the essential of making websites.

Hope to finish updating this pc as this would be my working pc while i'm home at night in case my notebook is left in the office. Honestly, i still prefer and recommend WINME as its more OS is not as complex as the latest versions although compatibility might be an issue. Most suitable for Pentium III and below computers :) in my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts